
All summer, Best Buy held my still-under-warranty laptop hostage, and it finally had to be replaced, because they couldn't fix it. Well, now I've been online with computer analysts for days trying to make sense of my mom's computer. We get one thing cleared up, and I'm like, YES! And I restart, and there are new problems--worse ones.
Okay, then I decide I can't take it anymore, and I lie down, and turn on my TV, which is a year old this January (meaning the warranty is almost up, or possibly up, because I got it for my birthday, and maybe my mom had already purchased it by this time last year)... and it's in black and white. I don't even get excited and think somehow I've found a crazy hole in the space/time continuum and fallen into 1957. I just want to cry. heh.
I have a history of such technology problems! I threw up in my first iPod (yeah... which isn't so much hardware failure as wrong place, wrong time) and I've bought two different iPod car adaptors that won't work; I go through crazy phones like bubble gum; I have had my satellite dish repositioned four times and my DVR replaced thrice for hard-drive failure; and I know the Geek Squad by name.
The funny thing is that I'm relatively good with computers--as in, I know what I'm doing enough that I'm not ruining them out of cluelessness. It's like my house is wired wrong. And I AM FED UP, people. I am surrendering to technology's power over me and admitting I will never win!!! NEVER!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment