Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It sparkles!

Since having extensive, evil dental work done in September, I have not been able to drink any Coke, sweet tea, coffee, or my much adored blackberry tea (as in, nothing colored).
Not only did it take me until, um, two days ago to realize, DUH, the reason for my exponential increase in both the regularity and severity of migraines in the past four months is because I suddenly went off all caffeine... I have been DYING for something to make me as happy as my fruit-flavored teas.
And drinking plain water... well, I don't hate the H to the O, but when it's all you can sip, it gets sickening.
Enter Aquafina's Sparkling Berry Burst Raspberry Water.... and I'm swigging tiny bubbles like I'm Don Ho's daughter (who exists, and had that song "Another Dumb Blonde," which is on my iPod...).
I love sparkling water, anyway, and this delivers the best rush to the head (a plus if it's aching, asking for a frappucino!), with a lovely raspberry taste--not a chemical aftertaste, which is an icky issue I find with a lot of flavored waters. There's a citrus version as well.
Anyway, so that's my endorsement of my Favorite Food Product 2007-08. One caveat: My mother, who hates sparkling water, tried it and almost puked. So if you weren't a fan before, you probably won't convert because of the pretty berries.

Bonus randomly related item: If you watch the Friends-like, brilliant CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother, this needs no introduction, but I thought it fit with the "Sparkles" theme... This video is an 80s-themed clip of a supposed one-hit wonder who sang in a mall... about... going to the mall. Her stage name was "Robin Sparkles," and anyway, in TV Land, she's from Canada, and that's why there's all this random Canadian stuff/pronunciation thrown in there; her character on How I Met Your Mother is grown up now and incredibly humiliated about her teenage pop star status and the vid. Check it out just because it's HILARIOUS in that 1980s way and has thus become an Internet sensation. Robin Sparkles! Sparkling Water! It all fits...

No comments: