Tuesday, March 11, 2008

J'ecoute...

Mandy wanted to know what artists we've been listening to lately, so I thought I'd share who's been on repeat when I'm not watching Big Brother After Dark (David Cook of American Idol notwithstanding).



New Republic collaborated with Timbaland on that ubiquitous song "Apologize," which I loved, but the rest of their Dreaming Out Loud CD is nothing like that. Their Snow Patrol-ish, sweetly melodic "Come Home" is the epitome of yearning and sadness. Give it a listen and you'll want the whole album.



Blake Lewis and his Audio Day Dream aren't just a product of the Idol machine; they are a totally innovative mix of dance-able sounds and relatable lyrics. He's hot, too, when you watch him perform. Swear.





Natasha Bedingfield's Pocketful of Sunshine is lighthearted and just screaming for another Hills soundtrack moment. I love the track "Never Find a Love Like This," because it's just convertible-material, and those kinds of songs are maybe what I need right now after a winter full of "Almost Lover." hee.

No comments: