
I've been thinking about the celebrity I want to steal stuff from in my fantasy. You ladies had some great suggestions. I especially liked the idea of Rachel Bilson lately, since she's been wearing the greatest streetwear. So has Vanessa Hudgens.
I also thought of Rachel McAdams. I've never cared for her real-life style, but what about her reel-life one? Did she get to keep her Notebook wardrobe? If so, I'm raidin' that one.
Anyhow, this picture above led me to think of another heavy contender: Katie Holmes. While she's not exactly the most romantic dresser ever, she does have a really girlie side, and she's just grown so much fashion-wise since marrying Tom Cruise.
She always looks so put-together, whether playing with Suri or on the red carpet. I'd appreciate a little bit more whimsy, but I love the big sunglasses and the Hermes bag so big she could stuff all of the Jolie-Pitt kids inside, and I enjoy a woman dressing like a lady, even in pants.
And once again... THE shoes of all time: see my "Top pop culture moments of 2007" post; she really gets over-the-top points for those.
At any rate, Holmes is a big contender for sheer consistency, though not the fantastical flowery elements I love. And she does have a tendency to dress a bit too old for her age, but I'm trying to remind myself I'm 25 and need to dress like it (read: ridiculously too-short items are ridiculously too short EVEN ON VACATION now).
Plus, the curls here on Mrs. Cruise are just too cute, no? Mandy, this you could pull off by not drying your hair, I'm sure!
2 comments:
How could I not think of her when I was picking a celeb closet to raid. I think it is because she does tend to dress a little old. But I mean she is so gorgeous and so put together all the time. I would like to see her not so fashiony though. Like does she ever wear sweats, or jeans even?
Oh I love her clothes, not pre-Cruise, but I surely love them now!
Post a Comment